Updated: Nov 3, 2021
Here are some of Kevin's words that I found extremely relatable and are great takeaways for any one reading:
1. Battling any mental health disorder … is just so unbelievably exhausting.
2. A Mental Illness is not something that you an Achieve your way out of.
3. You would be amazed at how freeing it is just to talk to somebody, and tell them the truth about what you’re going through.
4. I needed medication. I needed therapy. I still need those things now, and I probably always will.
5. If you’re struggling right now, I can’t tell you that this is going to be easy. But I can tell you that it does get better. And I can tell you that you are definitely not alone.
This gave me chills while reading Kevin's words and almost felt like I was reading something that I had written myself. It is incredible what we are seeing right now in the movement towards Mental Health Advocacy and the momentum that is being created. Just think about these 3 words and let it give you strength "I'm not alone". If you need help remembering that read NBA Champion 5x Allstar words to put you at ease.
If you found this content beneficial in any way and want to make a difference please donate to our page to back our efforts.